This page is our Group's archive copy of the BMD web site.
BMD's environmental commitment
BMD is committed to developing the proposed Minnippi
Community Links development according to sustainable
To achieve this goal, a
statement of our commitment to sustainability has been
incorporated in the Development Management Agreement we signed
with Brisbane City Council in December 2003. The statement
outlines our dedication to adopting best practice standards
for development in subtropical climates, and covers the
- To exceed Brisbane City Council requirements for
water sensitive urban design and total water cycle
- To implement a water harvesting and re-use
strategy in line with current best management
- To ensure that any dwelling constructed by BMD is
designed to achieve a four star energy rating.
- To provide mains gas reticulation for the
- To prepare design guidelines to encourage all
Minnippi Community Links landowners to adopt energy
- To implement the squirrel glider amelioration and
habitat enhancement strategy.
- To implement a Brisbane City Council by-law
prohibiting cats from both the residential area and
the golf course for environmental
- To construct a facility for residents within the
development to encourage recycling of green waste.
- To implement a waste management plan for the
construction of any dwellings and buildings BMD
- To provide for future reticulation of
cable/communication systems by laying additional
conduits through the residential area (subject to the
receipt of appropriate Council approvals).
- To provide a bikeway and pedestrian pathway system
throughout the project to provide easy access
throughout the site.
- To ensure as far as is practicable that public
landscaping maximises the use of flora species similar
to the local gene