The impetus to attempt this venture came from people like
- Dick Smith, who flew a helicopter solo around the world, overcoming many obstacles.
- Graeme Stuchbery, who rode 6,000 kms in 6 weeks on a push bike trip around Australia.
- Geoff Turnbull, who has successfully paddled many 'Hawkesbury Classics' to raise money for charity.
Many people have helped the 'Windsurfing down the Murray' venture.
Bob and Sue Warren showed Rod the Murray near Mannum in South Australia for that part of the reconnaissance, and assisted in many other ways. They are land crew legends. The efforts of other land crew legends are acknowleged in Crew Notes
People who have contributed money towards Aboriginal Health are recognised on the 'Donors' page. It is common for people to be both a donor and supporter.
List of Supporters
(Incomplete - under construction - please send additional nominations to Rod.McEwin@gmail.com. Similarly please let Rod know if you would prefer to be anonymous.)
- Diane McEwin
- Kite Magic Coogee NSW
- Bob and Sue Warren
- All the McEwins & partners
- Ewin MacFarlane, photographer
- Shane, RiverMurray.com and Design Train
- Ball Park Caravan Park, Corowa
- Graham and Annemarie Brookman, The Food Forest
- Byron Scott
- Fraser McEwin
- Yarrawonga Westside Caravan Park
- Chris, Yarrawonga
- Yarrawonga Holiday Park
- Yarrawonga Chronicle
- Blanchetown Bulletin
- Yorke Peninsula Country Times
- Brian Way, Swan Reach Caravan Park
- The Tasmanians and 2 Canberrans
- Riverside Holiday Park, Blanchetown
- Westbrook Park Resort
Does this mean that if you want the ferry at night you need to swim to the other side of the river to ring the bell?
Back to top