I have been running it under a full load for a week without encountering any problems
How is it done:?
1) Carefully remove the Led-Wiz Chip
2) Carefully insert the IO-Warrior40-P chip
See video of it running HERE
Then I thought, why would some people want to do this?
I guess if you are not happy with the Wiz software currently available. (I have seen some posts in this forum) and doing this (short term if you want) change would then allow you to take advantage of LED support built into MaLa straight away. This includes having Leds flash in sequences of your choosing and lighting up the appropriate buttons for the currently selected/loaded game.
You can always switch the chips back so it will run as a Led-Wiz again down the track when you feel the LedWiz software is right for your emu-gaming needs.
* I stand to make no fiscal gain from this discovery. I don’t care what you do!!!
* I found it to be completely reversible
* The LED numbering differs when run under MaLa (not a big deal, see table below)
* No doubt this will void any LedWiz warranty
* No special Led-Wiz ‘light intensity’ features currently function with MaLa
* You need appropriate in line resistors for the Led’s (Just as you would with normal Led-Wiz operation.) Refer to the guide that is supplied with the Led Wiz to determine what resistors you need.
Of course basic precautions should taken when handing Integrated circuits to avoid damage caused by static electricity. Also ensure you do not force or bend IC pins.
Take great care that the IC is orientated the correct way (small semi-circle indent on the chip should be on the USB connector side). The CPU could be damaged if it not inserted the correct way.
I searched on the internet and the cost is US$20 each to a Purchase IO-Warrior40-P chip. The USA and Canada distributor is:
North American Distributor
FAX: (408) 226-7303
To order, they need your VISA or MasterCard number, expiration date and shipping information. If your billing address is different than your shipping address then they need that as well. You may either email them this information, fax it to (408) 226-7303 or, email your shipping and billing address and call them with your credit card number.
Mala Labeled on Wiz as:
Let me know if you have any questions